What is AGELESS?
The main constituent of AGELESS (iron type) *1 is a specially treated iron powder. When iron rusts, it absorbs oxygen in the process. The result is deoxygenation of the sealed container *2 through oxidation, preventing any bad affects to the product.
- *1 Other types of AGELESS use other organic matter such as vitamin C as their main constituents.
- *2 AGELESS is used to create a deoxygenated state within a sealed container. It cannot be used for any other purpose.
The AGELESS process (outline)
Oxygen makes up approximately 21% of the air in the atmosphere, however AGELESS absorbs all oxygen within a sealed container to create an oxygen free state (maintaining an oxygen concentration of 0.1% or less). As AGELESS absorbs more oxygen, the volume decreases and the gas remaining within the sealed container becomes mostly nitrogen, an inert gas.
The ingredients of air
Free-oxygen absorbing agent AGELESS for preserving good taste and freshness
- AGELESS deoxidizes the interior of a sealed package in a way never before possible with conventional vacuum and gas replacement packaging. Even small amounts of oxygen, which infiltrate through the film surface are removed completely. AGELESS is a truly epochal taste and freshness preserving agent.
- The flavor, color, fragrance and nutrition of freshly prepared food can now be retained for long periods of time.
Free-oxygen absorbing agent AGELESS assures safety and quality.
- AGELESS prevents the growth of molds and aerobic bacteria, while also preventing harmful insects.
- Oxidized oils and fats are a detriment to good health. They can be prevented by the deoxidization effect of AGELESS.
- Reducing amount of food additive.
- Various tests conducted by official organizations have confirmed the safety of AGELESS.
- AGELESS has been awarded the ISO9001 Quality System Certification.
Simple and effective free-oxygen absorbing agent
- Conventional packaging such as vacuum packing and gas flushing package packing require devoted facilities, but you can use AGELESS just by providing a sealing machine.
- AGELESS can be inserted quickly and simply by using an automatic inserter.
AGELESS has made the ‘distribution revolution’ possible.
- Extending a food's shelf life allows food manufacturers to market greater varieties of food and expand their markets, while still retaining their maximum taste and freshness.
- AGELESS allows for the simple and easy control of production and inventory.
Inquiries Concerning Products
Specialty Chemicals Business Sector
Oxygen Absorbers Division
TEL：+81-3-3283-4867 / FAX：+81-3-3287-1785