Anaero Pack- Anaero, AnaeroPouch- Anaero work as oxygen absorber-CO2 generator for Microaerophilic cultivation.
Only to open the aluminum pack and to put the sachet into the container. No need to add water. No need to use catalyst.
for Jar / Anaero Pack- MicroAero
Use with anaerobic jars or W-Zip Standing Pouch with Petri Dish Rack.
Gas concentration change by Anaero Pack-MicroAero
O2 concentration 6-12%, CO2 concentration 5-8%. Creates microaerophilic atmosphere within 1 hour!
- O2: Maintains 6-12% which is suitable for cultivation
- Microaerophiles such as Campylobacter, Helicobacter will easily become extinct at 15% or higher oxygen concentration. And if less than 5%, their colony size will become smaller. Pack-MicroAero absorbs O2 inside the container quickly and its concentration will become 6-12% within 1 hour. So microaerophiles will grow smoothly.
- CO2 : Less than 10% which may not affect pH
- Carbon dioxide concentration which needs to cultivate microaerophiles is more than 5%. Higher CO2 does not make much difference for cultivation results. On the contrary, dissolved CO2 might lower pH of the media and have a bad influence on the susceptibility test of some antibiotics. Pack-MicroAero will prevent this by keeping CO2 concentration about 5-8%.
for Pouch / AnaeroPouch- MicroAero
Use with Pouch-Bag or W-Zip Pouch.
For 2 petri dishes. To cultivate one dish, put one empty dish to adjust the volume of the air.
- Campylobacter and Helicobacter prefer high humidity.
- For example, put water into the jar (about 20cc) by wet cotton wool or wet filter paper. 2. Prevent surface of cultures from drying.
- Pay attention not to touch sachet and the water put in jar. Rectangular jars with compartments are suitable.
How to use Anaero Pack-MicroAero and AnaeroPouch-MicroAero
|Anaero Pack- MicroAero
[for Pouch Bag, Thin-Type Jar]
|Culture use||for Campylobacters, Helicobacters|
|Attention for use||These Anaero Packs should be used in jars, not in pouches.||Cannot be used except for Pouch or Thin-Type jar.|
Inquiries Concerning Products
Specialty Chemicals Business Sector
Oxygen Absorbers Division
TEL：+81-3-3283-4867 / FAX：+81-3-3287-1785