It is the belief of Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc., (hereinafter referred to as “The Company”) that the privacy of the individual should be respected and that provision of proper and appropriate security in respect of Personal Information (*) is a social responsibility, and it is in this spirit that The Company implements procedures for the handling of Personal Information under the provisions of the policy detailed hereunder.
* The term “Personal Information” used above and elsewhere in this document is as defined under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- Every effort shall be made to respect the laws pertaining to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and to follow proper and appropriate procedures in the acquisition and usage of such information.
- The Company shall formulate regulations regarding the handling of Personal Information and shall ensure that its employees shall strictly observe such regulations. Additionally, The Company shall require that outside companies to which work is consigned treat Personal Information in an appropriate manner and shall take the necessary and appropriate measures to oversee procedures for handling of such information.
- The scope within which Personal Information shall be used shall be defined and usage of such information restricted to said scope.
- Secure administrative measures shall be implemented to ensure security of Personal Information and The Company shall take every possible preventative and remedial measure to eliminate the risk of such incidents as illegal access to and leakage, loss and modification of such information.
- The Company shall diligently review and improve administrative and handling procedures in respect of Personal Information.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of Usage of Personal Information
Personal Information provided shall not, without obtaining prior permission, be used for purposes other than sales of The Company’s products, provision of services, response to inquiries, contact regarding products and services, research and other activities necessary in conducting the business of The Company.
Furthermore, in the event that Personal Information is acquired and/or used for purposes beyond the scope of activities detailed above, the purposes of such acquisition and/or usage shall be clearly defined in advance of such acquisition and/or usage.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal Information supplied to The Company shall not, with the exception of the cases detailed below, be supplied to third parties without prior permission from the provider of said information.
- In cases where it is necessary to disclose Personal Information to, for example, other companies within the Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Group in order to provide appropriate response to, or take appropriate action in respect of inquiries or requests.
- In cases where provision of Personal Information without the prior permission of the provider of such information is permitted under the relevant laws.
- In cases provision of Personal Information to a company to which work is consigned, provision of such information is to be restricted to such information as is necessary to implement the consigned work.
3. Contact Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
All opinions or inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information by The Company should be directed as detailed below. Additionally, requests by the provider of Personal Information for disclosure, amendment or discontinuation of usage of such information should also be directed as shown below. The Company shall handle all such requests promptly provided that said requests fall within reasonable bounds without delay.
Personal Information on the Website
The Company protects privacy when handling Personal Information of visitors who use the Company’s website based on “Handling of Personal Information” as set forth by the Company.
The Company uses “cookies” to identify the computer used by the visitor to provide a more comfortable browsing experience when re-visiting this website. Use of this functionality does not cause any negative effects to the individual’s privacy or user environment. It is possible to refuse acceptance of cookies by changing the browser’s settings.
2. Use of Web Beacons
The Company uses technology to collect statistics on access to certain pages. It is not possible to identify or distinguish the visitor’s Personal Information through use of these technologies.
3. SSL (Encrypted Transmission)
In order to protect the privacy of the visitor, the Company uses SSL (encrypted transmission) to encrypt all data that could identify the individual visitor. By using a browser that supports this security functionality, Personal Information, etc., entered by the visitor is encrypted, preventing information leaks to third parties.
4. Access Logs
The Company records visitor information in the form of access logs. The data is used for statistical analysis related to usage conditions. The visitor’s browser, OS type, IP address, date/time of access, etc., are recorded but this information is not used in conjunction with Personal Information. No log file is used to identify Personal Information of the visitor.
5. Limitations on Protection of Personal Information
The Company’s website may contain links to other companies but the Company cannot assume any responsibility for Personal Information on websites other than those of the Company.
Contact for inquiries Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.
Administrative & Personnel Center, General Affairs Department