MGC recognizes that it is an important member of society and accordingly seeks to continue earning the trust of society by acknowledging our responsibilities to contribute to society, preserve the environment, and ensure safe working conditions. We conduct our corporate activities with the intention of protecting the earth’s environment under the principle of sustainable development.
Environmental and Safety Targets
Zero Accidents, Zero Occupational Injuries, and Environmental Preservation
- Maintain occupational health and safety processes across all operations
- Ensure process safety and security at work sites
- Reduce environmental impacts and contribute to the sustainable development of communities
- Ensure the safe handling, usage, and disposal of chemical products
- Ensure the safe transport and storage of chemicals and related products
- Build the trust of stakeholders
- Implement group-wide environmental and safety initiatives
- Improve environmental and safety management systems on a regular basis
Safety Code of Conduct
- Fostering a Safety Culture
- Confirming and Abiding by Safety Rules
- Thorough Education and Training
- Promoting Preventive Safety Measures
Build a safety culture together through keen awareness and certain knowledge.
The MGC Group Declaration on Environmental Sustainability
The Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Group shall help communities develop more sustainably in the future by taking actions aimed at maintaining a healthy global environment going forward, including initiatives for tackling climate change, promoting community-based recycling, and protecting biodiversity.
- We shall strive to procure energy, raw materials, water, and other resources in a manner that minimizes environmental impact, and promote the efficient use of such resources.
- We shall implement measures to reduce the environmental impact of greenhouse gases and other environmental pollutants.
- We shall reduce waste through recycling and other initiatives, and properly manage and dispose of the waste we produce.
- We shall promote the development and widespread use of products and technology that reduce environmental impact or help restore damaged ecosystems.
- We shall fully comply with international rules and the environmental regulations of countries in which we operate.
- We shall promptly and properly disclose information regarding our environmental initiatives and proactively engage with our communities.
- We shall strive to raise awareness of environmental issues through education.